- “Students are encouraged to develop, organize and participate in student associations and government organizations.”
- comprises officers elected by each classes, OMS-I through OMS-IV, as well as an Executive Board
- officially represents the voice and opinions of its constituents, LMU-DCOM students, to Administration and Faculty and the Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents (COSGP)
- prepares a budget for student activities
- oversees the establishment of new organizations and the distribution of funds to organizations that meet the necessary requirements.
Elections for OMS-I Class Officers are held in the fall after the first exams; elections for OMS-II, OMS-III and OMS-IV officers and the SGA Executive Board are held each spring.
Official student organizations or clubs must have a faculty advisor and be registered with the Office of Admissions and Student Advancement. SGA Officers, Club Presidents, and students representing the school at national meetings must have at least a 75% average in their coursework. See the DCOM Student Handbook and Catalog for additional information.
A complete list of clubs with links can be found here. Descriptions of clubs can be found in our Osteopathic Medical Student Handbook: A Guide Written by Students for Students.